Why I Wrote Cyber Crisis: Protecting Your Business from Real Threats in the Virtual World
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole shares the why behind creating the book Cyber Crisis.
This book is filled with years of research and fact checking from not only Dr. Cole himself, but from his peers and mentors in the industry as well.
Listen to this episode for more details on the why behind the book Cyber Crisis.
In this episode:
- 1:06 This was the biggest problem 20 years ago
- 2:15 Technical people know the problems, but the breaches continue
- 3:17 This is what I thought the problem was 2 or 3 years ago
- 4:07 The two rules
- 5:19 Bonus third rule: use a firewall
- 6:07 Executives don’t understand cybersecurity
- 6:55 CISOs need to understand business
- 7:53 A business book that executives could read and a CISO certification
- 11:10 This is about making a difference
- 12:32 How to talk technical in the language of business
- 14:05 Secure-Anchor.com
- 14:41 We don’t have enough strategic CISOs
- 15:10 Common sense is not common practice
- 16:21 Emotional people become victims
- 18:50 How to improve this
- 21:48 How to have BYOD work
- 23:17 What a world class CISO does
- 24:11 The mistake executives make
- 26:20 Wrap up