In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole discusses the role of the CISO in addressing cybersecurity issues within a company, especially risk management. He emphasizes the importance of finding patterns and fixing the root cause of cybersecurity problems while also highlighting common patterns where people tend to struggle with cybersecurity.
Watch this episode to understand what are some of the ultimate goals of a CISO.
In this episode:
- – Intro
- – Finding Patterns and fixing route cause issues
- – What are patterns where people are struggling?
- – How often do you meet with the executives?
- – Pick a time and request meetups with the CEO
- – CISO is one of the C-suite executives
- – Cybersecurity is not a technical problem
- – Cybersecurity is a business problem
- – It’s all about risk management
- – World-Class CISO communicates the threat factor
- – Spot the vulnerabilities to combat them
- – CISOs must update the executives about the changes in the cybersecurity
- – CISO’s goal is to find a permanent place in the C- suite