In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole defines the responsibilities of a CISO in detail which is overseeing and implementing an organization’s information security program along with keeping up to date with the latest security trends and technologies to ensure that the organization is prepared to handle any potential threats.
Watch this episode to understand how a CISO can excel in their area of business.
In this episode:
- 0:50– Intro
- 1:30– Why doesn’t anyone listen to you?
- 3:00– No one has any clue what a CISO is supposed to be
- 4:00– Organizations need a CISO now
- 5:00– No one has defined what a CISO is supposed to be
- 5:30– What are the primary responsibilities of a CISO?
- 7:30– Chief officer is focused on the profitability of the organization
- 8:30– CISO is not a technical position
- 9:30– Chief officer is a business-focused position
- 12:00– What is cyber security focused on?
- 14:00– You must be able to accept risks to be world-class
- 17:00– How are average CISOs different?
- 19:00– Do you understand what the critical data is for your company?
- 20:00– Integrity and availability is important
- 24:00– CISO is an executive that can take problems and translate them
- 25:00– As a CISO, you should never be saying no