Dr. Eric Cole’s advise for today’s episode of Life of a CISO is to be SMARTER!
Dr. Eric Cole outlines how you can accomplish your goals in 2021 by using the SMARTER Method.
The SMARTER Method is picking goals that are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, but also Risky, that Excite you and are Relevant to the life you want to have.
Listen to this episode to find out how you will be able to make 2021 your best year yet using the SMARTER Method.
In this episode:
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:11 Are you ready for 2021?
- 0:40 What do you need to do to take advantage of the opportunities in 2021?
- 1:48 Top ten…but not quite
- 2:30 Good CISOs come up with 5 solutions to a problem
- 4:43 What if 2020 was your best year?
- 6:49 Are you going to drive yourself right into the wall?
- 9:35 Did I learn my lesson?
- 10:30 You have to train your mind to focus on the positive
- 11:42 Focusing on the positive isn’t everything, but if you focus on the negative, you will crash
- 13:00 When you’re going 150+ MPH you don’t see the little things wrong
- 16:00 As you enter 2021, things will go wrong, it’s inevitable
- 17:05 Your organization may already be breached and you don’t know it
- 18:07 What are your goals? Be SMART: Specific and Measurable.
- 20:20 Achievable, but with Risk
- 23:19 Time-based. But don’t have the time be by December 2021
- 24:21 SMARTER – Exciting
- 27:04 Relevant to what you want to achieve
- 30:07 What is it this year that you want to do?
- 31:05 Break it down into sub-goals (Quarterly, monthly, weekly)
- 33:26 “Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.”
- 37:16 You have to believe in yourself first
- 39:08 Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion!