Where Are You Starting From?
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric talks about the three CORE areas you need to work on if you want to excel as a World-Class CISO. He questions his audience to think about where they are today and what obstacles they need to overcome to ace as a CISO.
Watch this episode to pin down the three core areas you need to exceed and what you must do to overcome any barriers you may face along the way.
In this episode:
- 2:00– Monthly, weekly, and daily targets
- 3:30– Where are you starting from?
- 3:50– What is your 6-month target?
- 4:30– How to get to your target?
- 7:30– Are you currently a CISO?
- 8:10– What are the three core areas to excel
- 10:15– You need an updated CV
- 10:40– A CISO is different than a security engineer
- 13:00– Build an ideal CV for a top CISO
- 14:30– Highlight the traits you have in the ideal CV
- 15:50– Get your CV battle ready
- 16:30– It takes 3-4 months for a CV to be battle ready
- 21:15– Are you struggling as an existing CISO?
- 21:30– If you’re struggling as a CISO, you speak technical
- 23:40– Take away significant lessons from what you read
- 27:00– As a CISO you need to brief at a strategic level
- 27:30– Ace the three core areas to score a CISO position
- 28:00– Step back and see where you are at