How to Prepare for a CISO Interview:
CISO Interview Questions
Join Dr. Cole today as he goes through the steps you must take to prepare for your interview
as a CISO.
Here is what you need to know to ace the interview: If you want to be a world class CISO, you must own the interview by understanding the business, take control of the first 3 minutes, and speak the language of the executive.
Also, know the business, how do they make money, and what is their competitive advantage?
Have a world class CISO mindset, not a security engineers mindset.
Good luck out there!
In this episode:
- 0:15 How to do an interview
- 0:35 You don’t need a lot of experience because a CISO is a new position
- 2:55 When you get the interview, you need to own the first 5 minutes
- 3:28 What I do when I am interviewed on television
- 5:25 Prepare for an interview by finding out the financials of the company
- 7:13 What you are showing the interviewer on your first question
- 7:29 What not to say in an interview for a CISO position
- 8:25 How to be authentic
- 10:14 But don’t be the smartest person in the room. Check your ego at the door
- 11:09 Always know what is the company’s business and how do they make money?
- 13:49 The importance of being able to scale and shift quickly
- 17:03 How you know you don’t (yet) have the CISO mindset
- 17:36 What differentiates the business from the competition?
- 19:04 What can have the biggest impact on the business?
- 19:54 Security engineers make this mistake that a CISO doesn’t
- 20:31 Review