How to Develop The World Class Mindset
of a World Class CISO
In this episode of Life of a CISO, like many episodes, Dr. Cole begins with actionable tips that you can use to develop the emotional fitness it takes to become a world class CISO.
You can choose to have a good day or a bad day by focusing on the positive or negative, respectively.
Once you begin your day with positive energy, you are one step closer to becoming world class.
In this episode:
- 0:15 The primary goal of every episode
- 1:30 The power is already within you
- 3:07 I do not need to create, I need to chip away at the parts of you that are not great
- 4:32 I value your time
- 4:58 Limiting beliefs
- 5:40 Debunking phrases
- 7:00 How to have a good day or a bad day
- 8:48 Be careful what you say to yourself
- 9:57 Change limiting beliefs to empowering truths
- 11:04 It’s all about mindset
- 12:55 CISO strategy
- 13:41 4 possible threats
- 14:35 You can’t control threats you can only control vulnerability
- 16:04 CISO (Executive) Risk Assessment
- 17:21 You can’t skip this step
- 18:47 What is your name, what business are you in, what’s your P&L?
- 20:00 Stick to the 4 main threats
- 22:18 You can’t protect what you don’t know
- 23:35 The biggest threat to clients is email
- 25:05 Three columns, cheat sheet