The First 60 Days as a CISO
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole gives his expert advice on how to excel as a new CISO during the first 60 days of their career. It’s important to not make decisions but to listen, learn and ask a lot of questions. Absorbing every bit of detail and information that could help you understand the business better will be a step up into this journey.
Watch this episode to get an insight into how to survive and hold your ground as a renowned World-Class CISO.
In this episode:
- 1:20– Expert witness services by Dr. Eric Cole
- 3:00– Details matter
- 3:30-It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.
- 13:30– Always put in that extra effort
- 18:30– As a new CISO, listen and learn
- 18:50– First week as a CISO- meetings with the board
- 19:45– Understand the organization in the first 60 days
- 20:20-Understand why they picked certain technology
- 20:50– Listen, learn, and ask specific questions
- 22:25– It’s about the quality of your work
- 22:40– As a new CISO, learn the business first
- 23:50– Before you make any changes, give a technical state of the union
- 29:00– Brilliant people ask the right questions