Daily Habits of World Class CISOs
In this episode of Life of A CISO, Dr. Eric Cole discusses putting your days in order and setting your self up for victory on a daily basis so that you can build your confidence as a leader and as a person.
Confidence is necessary to succeed as a CISO.
You build confidence by repeating the same tasks over and over until you could do it with your eyes closed.
Join Dr. Cole as he defines what habits and little steps you can implement to build your confidence as a World Class CISO.
In this episode:
- 0:55 Morning routine
- 2:03 Why “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.”
- 3:43 You must believe that you are a world-class CISO
- 4:04 Break down your yearly goals by quarter
- 4:42 Schedule out 40 hours of knowledge transfer
- 6:49 Some things in the calendar can be moved
- 8:00 Don’t knock it till you try it
- 10:25 This is based on science
- 12:02 Watch your words very closely
- 14:06 Is seeing believing?
- 16:02 Everything changes when you change
- 16:07 Read
- 17:56 Does everyone know you at your gym?
- 18:08 Does it help your career if everybody knows your name at the bar?
- 19:07 World class CISOs get proper rest
- 22:06 Why I don’t use an alarm clock
- 22:53 World Class CISOs write down 3-5 goals every day
- 24:00 Earlier this year, I went through a slump
- 25:07 Sleep, writing down goals, thinking time
- 25:49 Exercise
- 27:48 You can start when you’re ready, but start
- 28:33 I don’t claim to work 18 hour days, I get more done in 1 hour