Believe You Are A CISO
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole asks what are you focused on? Because ultimately that’s what you’re going to become. You will never score that high-level CISO position if you focus on not being good enough for it.
Watch this episode of Life of a CISO to understand what you should focus on to succeed and what practices you need to do to convince yourself you’re CISO material.
In this episode:
- 1:35– What are you focused on?
- 4:20– Where are you currently at?
- 4:35– You are focused on exactly where you are
- 6:50– Why are you focused on not getting the job?
- 8:40– If you don’t believe you’re CISO material, you won’t get the job
- 10:10-Give people what they want but provide them with what they need
- 13:00– Getting perspective and comparison helps
- 13:30– Write down 30 skills of a World- Class CISO
- 13:45– What do you believe CISO material is?
- 14:00– If you have 50% of those qualities then you’re CISO material
- 17:00– Change your focus and change your life
- 19:45– What are you doing to convince the executives that you speak business?
- 20:00– You must engage at an executive level
- 22:30– Must talk to the CEO, CFO and CIO frequently
- 24:30– Train yourself to ask a second question
- 24:50– What are the risks and exposure
- 25:10– Is the value and benefit worth the risk and exposure?
- 28:30– CISOs make people fully aware and accept the risk