CISO VS CEO: Why CISOs Need to Have a Seat at the Executive Table
Join Dr. Cole today as he explains why it’s important that CISOs have a seat at the executive table.
Executives all have their specialties, and a CISO is also an executive position.
As a CISO, you need to communicate how much, financially, the executives can save by strengthening their defenses against attackers.
This is high-level executive management.
That’s why a CISO is a “Chief” Information Security Officer.
CISOs, lets take our seats at the executive table.
In this episode:
- 1:25 Is a seat in the boardroom too much to expect?
- 2:08 What is your time frame
- 2:51 Executives don’t always understand cybersecurity
- 5:00 Executives need a hero (but don’t know how to find it)
- 6:45 Understand the business
- 8:05 Go outside your comfort zone
- 9:18 How do we put a $ number on risk?
- 11:21 If insurance companies didn’t quantify risk, they wouldn’t exist
- 12:20 Historical data and comparative data ‘
- 14:22 Ransomware example
- 16:35 How to back up your numbers
- 18:40 The two biggest mistakes that organizations make
- 21:02 Total cost of ownership
- 23:14 Wrap up: CISO Certification