CISO Ninja Tricks Part 1: How to Overcome Limiting Beliefs as a Chief Information Security Officer
On this episode of Life of a CISO, the focus is on the most important “Ninja Super Trick” of becoming a CISO: Overcoming limiting beliefs.
Learn some of Dr. Eric Cole’s techniques and examples that he has done that you can emulate in order to turn limiting beliefs into empowering truths.
Watch the full episode to learn the “Ninja Super Trick” and overcome the limiting beliefs in your life, so you can get one step closer to your dream job of being a world-class CISO.
In this episode:
- 2:10 The ninja supertricks of being a CISO
- 3:37 Thoughts
- 4:43 Your mind is a goal-achieving machine
- 5:46 If you think you’re wrong, you’re absolutely right
- 7:14 Humans have the same brain for hundreds of years
- 8:50 Raise your awareness
- 10:26 Don’t ignore the negative thought
- 11:12 “I don’t have any executive experience”
- 12:47 “I have no financial background”
- 14:10 The difference between business and personal finance is smaller than you think
- 15:35 Bad experience is as good as good experience if you learn
- 17:02 Find supporting evidence to show that the limiting thought is a lie
- 19:22 Identify gaps
- 20:34 Richard Branson story
- 23:30 Get clear on the vision and get people as committed as you are
- 26:50 Get your head on straight
- 27:41 Wrap up