In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole emphasizes the importance of taking responsibility for one’s reality and success. He recounts a conversation with a client who believed that their bosses didn’t respect them and wouldn’t listen to them. He challenges the client’s beliefs and explains that their internal thoughts, values, beliefs, and identities create their external world. He concludes by highlighting that average people focus on seeing to believe, while successful people understand that believing is seeing.
In this episode:
- 1:00– What if I could get you to believe that they do respect your opinion?
- 3:00-But the most important part is what are you focused on
- 5:00-I can only help you if you’re willing to help yourself
- 7:00-There are unexpected things that you must be prepared for
- 9:00-What you focus on is what you get
- 12:00– Go in every day and say the CEO respects me, I am viewed as an equal
- 14:00-Who do you need to be and how do you need to show up?
- 17:00– Taking control of one’s reality which leads to success
- 22:00– Challenge the limiting beliefs that stop you
- 26:00– Average people focus on seeing to believe
- 28:00– World-Class people focus on believing to see
- 31:00– changing thoughts, focus, and beliefs can transform one’s destiny