A Strategic CISO Mindset
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole covers the external threats that render your business vulnerable to cyberattacks. He’ll further expand on last week’s discussion about the mindset of a world-class CISO. This question today is “Are you focused and optimized?” A CISO’s primary objective is to eliminate distractions and understand how time accumulates. A novel technique utilized by the British crew team during the Sydney Olympics was based on a single rule: “Will the boat go faster?” This strategy has been simplified to show you how to have the mindset of a world-class CISO.
External cybersecurity threats are common, and world-class CISOs know where to look for them. They’re predictable and simple to identify. In this episode, he will discuss the three most prevalent areas where vulnerabilities can be predicted, as well as the areas to be aware of to protect your business.
Stay updated with our weekly podcast to be informed when Dr. Eric Cole covers a business’s internal cybersecurity threats.
In this episode:
- 0:36 Intro
- 1:26 What this podcast is all about
- 2:24 How to use your time
- 5:00 Time adds up!
- 6:15 Optimize your time
- 8:26 Storytime: A strategy to optimize your time
- 10:06 “Will it make the boat go faster?”
- 11:46 Winning gold, achieving your goal
- 15:00 Making exceptions
- 17:05 Frameworks for cybersecurity
- 18:54 Cybersecurity threats
- 21:28 The 3 main external threats
- 22:08 Why servers get compromised!
- 25:03 The root cause of data getting compromised
- 26:11 Storytime: Protecting data
- 27:36 How CISOs address data encryption and implementation
- 28:05 Your client’s biggest vulnerability
- 29:12 Managing vulnerabilities with vendors
- 30:09 World-class CISO: Do This!