Do You Want Guaranteed Success?
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole enlightens his audience to a strategy that will guarantee success in their lives. Something as simple as writing down your goals for the week and working towards them can turn your ideas into concrete plans for success.
One of Dr.Cole’s most productive habits is a daily journal entry in which he asks himself, “What are three things I can do today to improve the quality of my life?” You will discover that implementing this strategy will not only improve your mindset but will improve your results.
Watch this episode to get more insight into how World-Class CISOs formulate a plan for themselves and why they need to be translators in order to score a permanent position in the world of business.
In this episode:
- 1:40– Push yourself way beyond average
- 2:10– World-Class professionals know exactly what they want
- 3:15– What do you want to achieve?
- 4:00– If what you want becomes an obsession, you will do it
- 4:20– Write down three specific things you’d want for the next 6 months
- 7:50– Do something every day to accomplish a goal
- 10:30– Are you committed to being world-class?
- 11:45– Write down the three goals to accomplish in your journal
- 13:50– How do you brief a board of directors?
- 14:12– CISOs need to be a translator
- 17:45– Get out of your comfort zones
- 18:25– Cybersecurity is a business enabler
- 20:25– Cyber-attacks happen on a daily/hourly basis
- 23:40– As an executive ask questions
- 23:50– What is the risk and exposure ratio?
- 28:15– Don’t be afraid to adapt and adjust
- 30:00– Start practicing your executive presentation skills