Translating the Business Language
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole points out the key elements CISOs need to adapt to excel as a translator in the board rooms. The focal point to consider is learning how to communicate and listen.
In this episode:
- 1:00– Push yourself to the limit
- 2:00– Create your own solution
- 5:00– Most important skills for a CISO
- 6:00– Communicate and speak in their language
- 6:30– World-Class security engineers communicate a certain way
- 8:00– Cybersecurity will always be an important topic in business
- 8:30– Are you invited to those board meeting
- 12:30– How do other executives view you as a communicator?
- 17:00– Treat people the way they want to be treated
- 20:00– Are the executives paying attention to what you have to say?
- 22:00– Give yourself a quick evaluation after every meeting
- 23:00– What is one thing you could have done better
- 25:00– Target your communication during meetings
- 26:00– Focus on being a better listener
- 29:00– CISOs need to translate from technical to business