The Responsibilities Faced By A New CISO
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole enlightens us about the key areas to focus on if you are a brand new CISO in an organization. What are the strategies to implement? What are some non-negotiable deals that should never be compromised on?
Watch this episode to understand how to excel in the cyber world as a brand-new CISO.
In this episode:
- 1:30– Responsibilities of a brand new CISO
- 2:30– New CISOs job is not to criticize the way things are done
- 3:30– Biggest mistake new CISOs make is changing the order of things
- 5:00– Repairing a security breach
- 6:00 – Understanding the business before making changes
- 10:00– Managing risks in Cybersecurity
- 12:00– Managing the impacts the risks would have on the organization
- 3:00– Understanding the business from a financial standpoint
- 14:00– What areas do we need to put more effort into
- 19:00– World-Class CISOs need to set the culture in their organization
- 21:00– What are some non-negotiables?
- 24:00– Always question your executives
- 26:00– Chiefs always know what they want
- 28:00– What happens when you replace an existing CISO in an organization?
- 30:00– CISOs must communicate their concerns and needs