Solutions To A Cyber Crisis
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole discusses why cybersecurity is the number one priority for organizations. In recent events, the importance of cybersecurity has grown due to the impacts of COVID. More importantly, a problem arises between the disconnection of what is happening and what people understand. The fundamental problem is organizations are filling chief information security officer positions with individuals who are not CISOs. Are you a business enabler, can you implement solutions to real-world problems, and are you a CISO? Cybersecurity is the highest priority for an organization today, and implementing someone qualified for the position is a critical step in building a foundation for protecting your organization.
Whether you are currently a CISO or want to become a CISO, this podcast will provide real-world information that will help you better understand and protect your business in cyberspace. Join Dr. Eric Cole in this episode of Life of a CISO!
In this episode:
- 0:35– We are amid a cyber-crisis
- 1:55– There are solutions out there
- 2:10– Dealing with the current cyber-crisis
- 2:30– Protecting your business from cyber-threats
- 3:30– CISO positions being filled with non-CISOs
- 7:50– Companies are recognizing how important cyber-security is
- 8:15– Organizations do not have an actual CISO
- 9:30– What is the first rule of briefing the board?
- 9:50– Start with a question
- 10:30– What are the big challenges that you are facing?
- 14:30– The world desperately needs a world-class CISO
- 18:40– Keep doing what you are doing as a CISO
- 23:20 -Immerse yourself in their language
- 23:40– How much time are you spending at business events?
- 25:45– Overcome the fear and recognize you are a CISO material
- 27:15– You should apply to maximum CISO positions
- 28:15– Books are the best teaching tool on the planet.