Measuring Success Starts With Management
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric explains the importance of defining clear metrics when it comes to cybersecurity. You cannot manage what you can’t measure.
Watch this episode to determine how you can start using the correct strategies to measure success.
In this episode:
- 1:00– Be world-class in all areas of life
- 3:00– CISO is not a technical person
- 4:00– Best CISOs work in IT and security for 3-5 years
- 10:30– What questions should you ask the executives?
- 11:25– Where does your CEO, CFO, COO sit?
- 12:30– CISOs typically don’t get a chair on the ‘C’ table
- 13:00– Lack of measurable metrics in security
- 13:30– You can’t manage what you can’t measure
- 14:00– How do you measure if you’re successful or not?
- 16:00– Breaches are inevitable
- 16:30– World-Class CISOs need to embrace the breach
- 18:00– Define clear metrics when it comes to cybersecurity
- 20:00– Create SMART goals
- 25:00– 55% of companies have security under IT
- 29:00– Executives are getting low visibility under security