Making An Impact In Your Orgainization
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole educates us about the principles you must follow if you’re a brand new CISO making their way into this field. You must understand the business to make a lasting impact on the executives.
How can you help with the business? What differentiates us from our competitors? What business are we really in?
Watch this episode to analyze the ‘whats’ and ‘whys’ you must follow to reach the desired position as a CISO.
In this episode:
- 3:00– You need to believe in yourself in order to achieve what you seek
- 6:00– There is no problem that is unsolvable
- 10:00– Your mind believes what you tell it
- 11:00– Artificial limitation
- 16:00– How often do you as a CISO meet with the executives?
- 19:00– If you’re a trusted asset, executives will value you
- 21:00– How long does it take you to schedule a meeting?
- 25:00– What makes your business unique?
- 26:00– Understand the business
- 28:00– What differentiates us from our competitors?
- 30:00– CISOs understand business and use cybersecurity as a business enabler