How I Became a Cyber Security Innovator (Part 2)
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole will be sharing part two of his career in being a CISO before there was even a word for it.
An important lesson Dr. Cole learned from his career was to be true to himself and not to be someone else.
This lesson is what gave him the confidence to start his own business.
Listen to today’s episode to find out more about Dr. Coles career and learn the secret to how he learned to be true to himself.
In this episode:
- 0:41 When I left the CIA, I switched to “playing defense” and make cyberspace safe
- 1:40 Executives don’t like to hear the technical stuff
- 3:41 I asked to learn the business side
- 4:47 Don’t ask for a second chance if you don’t change what you do
- 5:58 The level one notebook
- 8:21 Do you want to teach? Now?
- 10:20 The harder I work, the luckier I get
- 13:52 I used someone else’s notes, but I was still able to be myself
- 16:54 “Hookers Beware!” (Autocorrect fail)
- 18:56 How you know you have your purpose in life
- 22:00 McAfee
- 23:03 I started my own company, Secure Anchor
- 26:09 The more you do for others, the more luck you will have
- 27:22 Why you have time
- 29:55 Why I don’t often watch the news