Why Being a World Class CISO takes more than business and cybersecurity skills
In this episode of Life of a CISO Dr. Eric Cole begins a 2-part series to explain what you need to do to become a World Class CISO.
He talks about what combination of skills and knowledge is necessary to succeed and he discusses different habits that you can put in place to help with getting yourself to the best you can be.
Join Dr. Cole to learn what your first steps are towards becoming a World Class CISO.
In this episode:
- 1:01 A 360 view of yourself
- 2:04 One of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen is new year’s resolutions
- 3:13 Would you launch a racecar straight out of the pit?
- 4:55 Self assessment: where are you, where do you want to be, what is the next step?
- 5:38 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- 7:04 The path is there, you just can’t see it
- 8:41 If you want to go to California, if you don’t have a GPS, just start driving west
- 9:55 What is the most foundational thing to be a world class CISO?
- 10:24 Health!
- 11:36 Sometimes you have to miss out on sleep
- 11:25 What is your evening routine?
- 13:19 Exercise and diet
- 14:57 Hydration is important
- 16:08 One ingredient food
- 18:13 Figure out what works for you
- 18:42 Why I don’t like the scale
- 19:18 The mirror doesn’t lie
- 20:10 Bloodwork is the best indicator of disease
- 21:49 If you want to know what you focus on, look at your life
- 23:50 Look at what you’ve already done
- 25:40 Where are you with your mindset
- 26:40 Your brain connects things and confirms its own belief