When You’re Committed, Every No is a Step Closer to a Yes
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole explains that if you want to be a world class CISO, you must be committed.
This episode includes tips on how to better communicate with prospective employers that you are a world class CISO, and what to do to improve yourself and never stop learning.
In this episode:
- 1:05 If you don’t have Cyber Crisis, you are missing out
- 2:05 World Class Cisos are World Class Translators
- 2:55 4 things to brief executives on
- 4:05 Why you ask for more than you need
- 4:35 “Are you a chicken or a pig?”
- 6:52 How committed are you?
- 7:31 What might be wrong with your resume
- 9:43 Language on your resume
- 12:52 If you want a CISO position, be fully committed and see what you can adjust
- 14:23 When you’re committed, every no puts you closer to a yes
- 15:35 Don’t compare yourself to others
- 16:21 It doesn’t matter how much work you put in, you are a world class CISO if you do put in the effort
- 17:17 “If I don’t have experience, no one’s going to hire me”
- 20:09 If you own the interview, they won’t ask your experience
- 21:14 Pick one of three: performance, functionality, security. Actually, pick all three
- 23:10 Read every day
- 24:44 Blue Ocean Strategy
- 25:31 Play Bigger by being the category king
- 27:53 Principles of business