The Primary Job of Communication
In this episode of Life of a CISO Dr. Eric Cole focuses on one of the most important skills to have as a CISO: Communication.
As a CISO, you have to speak to executives in a language that they understand. This means not getting in the weeds with technical details and explaining your suggestions in a way they can easily follow. If you communicate well, you can improve any situation.
Join Dr. Cole to learn how to understand the business and what it means to you as a World Class CISO.
In this episode:
- 0:51 Amp up your game by taking my CISO certification class
- 2:58 To be world class, you need to always be improving
- 4:07 The problem with new year’s resolutions
- 5:10 All problems are due to communication
- 5:47 You want to go in and change how you approach communication
- 7:06 How you do one thing is how you do everything
- 10:11 Listen first instead of trying to be heard
- 10:55 The primary job of communication is to receive, not to send
- 10:28 95% success rate is 5% failure rate
- 13:20 You’re there to solve the problem
- 13:50 Should you treat people the way you want to be treated?
- 14:45 I treat people the way they want to be treated
- 16:17 Speak the same language
- 18:13 What executives want to know
- 19:16 Look for cues when you communicate
- 22:51 Communication trick: Be brutally honest
- 24:15 Don’t have more than 5 slides.
- 28:35 Hone in on the communication