Mental Exercises to Make You a World-Class CISO
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole explains how to become a world class CISO by exercising your brain.
Being a world-class CISO is much less about technical knowledge and much more about problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking to solve problems that can’t be found in technical manuals.
Listen to this episode to learn how exercising your brain can help you become a world-class CISO.
In this episode:
- 0:48 World class CISO exercises
- 1:45 Where do you want to be in 6 months?
- 2:50 What’s the secret?
- 3:25 If you don’t have a clear goal, where are you going?
- 5:44 What is “thinking time?”
- 7:52 Build the (brain) muscle and the insights will come
- 9:55 Think more, get more done
- 10:45 Write down the ideal version of you in December 2021.
- 11:53 The point is to have a target, not to hit it
- 14:00 What is a one month goal?
- 15:55 One week goals
- 16:13 The importance (but limits) of clarity
- 18:07 Your mind is a goal-achieving machine, but only if you aim it properly