How to start 2022 strong by starting now
In this episode, Dr. Eric Cole gives powerful tips about mindset and work effort to push your self to the next level during the fourth quarter of 2021.
He talks about the effects of your success on those surrounding you and applicable exercises and examples of things you can implement to work to up-level your efforts as a CISO.
Join Dr. Cole in this weeks Life of CISO.
In this episode:
- 0:49 Why I wrote Cyber Crisis
- 2:07 A playbook for CISOs to speak to executives
- 4:30 We’re in the 4th quarter of 2021
- 5:33 We start with great goals, but do we achieve them?
- 6:05 Change the actions we take when we want new goals
- 8:02 Are you a “morning person?”
- 8:52 Why I exercise
- 11:20 World class CISOs are thought leaders
- 12:02 Every one of us has a “song” the world needs to hear
- 12:35 Are you being selfish?
- 14:18 My challenge to you
- 15:14 Just say what’s on your mind
- 18:14 Don’t care what people say
- 19:15 Don’t go for perfections
- 21:09 100 videos is a good number
- 22:17 If you want to be a world class CISO, reach out to people who are where you want to be
- 24:04 Get 500 “Nos”
- 25:40 If your goal is 500 nos, you’ll get a yes eventually
- 26:09 My Sir Richard Branson story
- 28:50 Why Sir Richard Branson got back to me
- 30:04 People are more willing to help you if you have the right mindset
- 30:36 What you have to do in the 4th quarter