How to make friends with failure to succeed as a CISO
In this episode of Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole is all about failure.
In the world of business, failure is one step, or even many steps, closer to success.
Successful entrepreneurs are able to embrace failure until they get a formula that works consistently.
You will continue to hear the word “no” time and time again, and rather than give up, you will be able to use every “no” as a stepping stone to your next “yes”.
In this episode:
- 1:01 Do you have the experience to become a CISO?
- 2:27 Failure is a part of life
- 3:44 No one is good at anything the first time they try it
- 4:40 You have to fail in order to get better
- 6:10 If you never failed, then it’s too easy
- 6:23 Clear skies don’t make good sailors
- 7:36 Successful people love failure
- 8:10 Reggie Jackson’s records
- 9:58 How to fail 400 times (or succeed trying)
- 12:43 How to use data to drive decisions
- 13:09 A conversation with a famous entrepreneur
- 14:25 Advantages do not guarantee results
- 17:03 The 4 minute mile
- 20:01 What are your 4 minute miles?
- 22:16 Every pilot had his first flight once
- 23:18 Where is Waldo?