How to be an effective CISO by being an
In this weeks Life of a CISO, Dr. Eric Cole explains what the main thing that holds a CISO back from being a world class CISO is.
Often, it’s communication.
A great CISO is a great translator.
A good CISO treats people the way he wants to treated, but a great CISO treats people the way they want to be treated.
Join Dr. Cole to find out how to be an effective CISO by communicating at a world class level.
In this episode:
- 1:01 Change your language from future to present
- 1:57 Michaelangelo chipped away the marble that didn’t look like David
- 3:23 What holds people back from being world class?
- 3:53 Communication
- 6:11 When was the last time the executives asked to have a 1 on 1 meeting
- 7:07 My criterion for a successful presentation
- 10:16 Master communicators follow one rule: Treat people the way they want to be treated
- 12:21 Improve communication by learning the language
- 14:24 Be a good listener
- 18:09 Be an influencer
- 20:30 When things go right, look externally, when things go wrong, look in the mirror
- 21:44 Do you need to be the hero?
- 23:20 You need to feel comfortable talking without slides
- 25:58 Add your feedback below