CISO Ninja Tricks Part 2: Body Language and Verbal Communication Skills of Successful CISOs
On this episode of Life of a CISO, we dive into more ninja tricks to be a world class CISO.
The topics for this episode are body language and verbal communication.
Watch the full episode to learn the “Ninja Tricks” to have positive, confident body language whether you feel confident or not and how to convince your potential employer that you are a business enabler, and that you can enable that specific business to improve their bottom line.
In this episode:
- 0:50 This is part 2 of super secret ninja tricks for being a CISO
- 1:25 The difference between those who get it done and those who struggle
- 2:45 If you don’t have experience, how do you get it?
- 3:55 A CISO is not necessarily a technical career track
- 4:54 Body language and communication
- 5:09 How I used to spy on my new clients
- 7:50 Be aware that when you’re in a good mood, observe your body
- 8:31 When you’re in a bad mood
- 9:40 Patterns I started noticing
- 10:46 Body language and physiology is a lot
- 11:03 The phrase I was taught as a child
- 13:02 The trick in effective communication is treating people the way they want to be treated
- 13:35 What is important to the other person?
- 13:56 Mcafee
- 15:31 I didn’t go in to the interview communicating how great I was
- 16:01 Stages of getting a job
- 17:14 Another way to put it
- 18:50 The communication in the resume is solely to convince them that you are worthy of an interview
- 20:50 What to do on the interview
- 23:22 Success story