Are You Running Like a Gazelle or a Lion?
Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up, and he knows he has to be faster than the slowest gazelle.
Every morning, a gazelle wakes up and knows he has to be faster than the fastest lion.
The gazelle is running out of fear and is reacting.
The lion has a clear objective and a clear strategy.
The question for you is, why are you running?
Join Dr. Eric Cole to learn about how you should be motivated as a World Class CISO.
In this episode:
- 1:20 You have to be 360 to be world class
- 3:20 In 15 minutes, you can be CISO material (yes, really)
- 5:14 It’s all identity
- 6:10 African proverbs
- 7:33 Why are they running?
- 10:44 Companies are running out of fear, not a clear objective
- 12:44 How many options do you give your executives when you put together budgets?
- 16:34 Put on your own oxygen mask first
- 22:54 World Class CISOs recognize that you have to accept risk
- 27:04 Review: Why are you running?